Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Homemade Noodles and a Fun Run!

Another quick recap of my fun but brief visit with my family.

My mom picked up this granola pie crust for a pumpkin cream pie at the grocery store. I LOVE the idea and want to come up with my own granola pie crust recipe now... I'm going to experiment tonight so look for it soon! :)


For my entire life, I've been spoiled with really freaking delicious homemade noodles. My mom = kitchen queen. I keep trying to get her to write a blog... maybe one day...


The master at work...

Small batches...


Rolled through the press, gradually thinning...



After it's been rolled to the perfect consistency, then it's cut!



Things made in small batches simply taste better...


Holy carby happytime. 


My mom's chicken noodle soup is... the best. Seriously. I'm sure your mom makes great chicken noodle soup too, but your girl ain't playin'. This. Stuff. Is. Perfect. She does everything the labor-intensive way (which is NOT how I cook), but it definitely pays off. 


Enjoying her masterpiece!


After gorging myself on soup and bread, I laced up for a run... There's a beautiful track near my mom's house that I really enjoy running on and getting there involves 1.5 miles of INTENSE hills. 


 No sooner had I laced up then it started raining. Hard, cold, slushy rain. I got in just over 3 miles before I became concerned for the safety of my iPod (and my rapidly numbing hands) and came in. 

Just in time for pumpkin cream pie. Oh. Yeah.