Thursday, May 14, 2015

We Took My Mama to See a Llama. Srsly.

My sisters and I took Momshizzle to Saratoga Springs to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday- I was in town for a whirlwind 48 hours and we wanted to show our #1 dame a good time. 

What a mom, what a mom, what a mighty good mom... 


We swung by Ravenous Creperie for brunch. Though they don't take reservations, I called when we were on our way and the woman who answered the phone kindly placed me on the waitlist and we were able to score a table about an hour later- the timing couldn't have been better! We sat down and raised our glasses of Iced Moroccan Mint Tea and Pink Lemonade to our mommy dearest.

 My youngest sister Courtney (currently a nursing student about to be all graduated and grown) and Mama Hen. 

Myself and my middle sister, Kieren, who is currently working on a super cute family blog called Newly Wed with Shawn & Kieren


 I ordered the Green Mountain Crepe- local apples caramelized in pure maple syrup, Fleur de Lys  baked ham and aged white cheddar cheese topped with a maple Dijon sauce, plus a scrambled egg. Served with pomme frites and the pesto aoili (a table favorite). Heaven.  Momma got the Lumberjack and my sisters ordered the Ratatouille and Godfather's Garden. All were quite pleased. 


All of the crepes came with edible orchids- look at my cute momweasel.


I'm a little less elegant...

We strolled around, grabbed some gelato and killed time until the main event...

LLAMAS FOR MAMAS!  A reading of Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino at- a tremendously nostalgic story for my sisters and I- hosted at the Saratoga Springs Library.


She. Was. Pleased.


What did you do to celebrate Mother's Day? 

Have you ever read Is Your Mama A Llama?