Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Long Hot Week

The vintage hat that almost was. I talked myself out of buying it. But boy, was it cute.

***

 Some fire-escape escaping at my new apt. 

***


A concert in the rain! Ladysmith Black Mambazo! BRIC's Celebrate Brooklyn Concert Series in Prospect Park.


***


Dinner at Hope & Anchor and sunset in Red Hook.


***

Exploring my new neighborhood. I'm all about Qathra's iced coffee. 


***

Enjoying my new apt! A juicer!!! Which makes my breakfasts SUPER HAPPY. This juice contains swiss chard, carrots, apple and passionfruit.


 I've also been jamming on some new (to me) products that I snagged at my local natural markets.


Yves Meatless Breakfast Patties and Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain English Muffins. I'm usually out of the house for extended periods of time, so I need clean, hearty breakfasts. These fit the bill nicely. 


***


Rehearsing for The Four Seasons NYC, which opened yesterday. What a magical piece of theatre. This shot is from a rehearsal studio, but the space itself was majestic. Photo by Kristin Wessling. 

***


More new hood eats. The Farm on Adderly- always delicious. I've been a fan for years. 


***

New room crafts! My mom printed me coloring book versions of some awesome family photos for my birthday, so I'm matting them on pretty paper and making a wall of them! 




***

And of course, SWEAT. Kettlebells to the rescue. I'm also looking to rejoin Bally's (I was a member for years and then left to take advantage of my school's fitness facilities)- though I love at-home fitness, I miss the gym environment. 


What was your week like? Did anyone have any awesome 4th of July adventures? I completely miss holidays if I'm rehearsing for a show, it seems.