Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bringing (my) sexy back...

So I got married. (Photos here- I promise to do a wedding recap post once the disc arrives). I went on an AMAZING honeymoon (recap in the works). I was away from home for three weeks (one week for the wedding, and then a two-week honeymoon! I know- we're lucky!). And I didn't "work out" once during those three weeks. Don't get me wrong- I was definitely not napping for 21 days straight...

My sister and went stomping through the woods to collect twigs for my centerpieces.

Why buy them when they're just laying there in the woods waiting for us to find them? 

Hahaha.... Courtney had to wrestle the twigs into the back seat of her car...

We also climbed some trees...
\

And then there was pre-wedding shopping...

At Costco pushing GIANT shopping carts with my favorite sister-in-law!

And I definitely broke a sweat at my bachelorette party...
One of the most athletic forms of dance EVER. Holy. Moly.

AND I got to play with some of my favorite munchkins! (Olivia, my flowergirl, her sweet brother Cole, and my other boyfriend ringbearer, Christopher).


AND I squeezed in a little swimming! Ok fine, hot tub partying. Same thing....

Our honeymoon was pretty active, too- caving, hiking, swimming, walking... But let's be honest. I also ate more on my two-week honeymoon than I've probably eaten in the previous month. And every last bit was DELICIOUS. So worth it.

But it had been almost a month since I'd had an honest to goodness sweat session, which is why this week is devoted to getting back into the swing of things! I discovered that my friend Joshua (he's a musician- check him out here) hits up my gym at 6a almost every morning- he's my new workout buddy! I've been to the gym when it opens 4 mornings this week- it's amazing how motivating it is to have someone waiting for you there...

Look out for honeymoon and wedding pics soon, and then it's back to the workout/ nutrition grind! :)

Happy Sweating!