Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Keepin' Cool with Summery Treats...

Adorable, right? This little dude SCARED ME TO DEATH- I was washing dishes and looked up to see him staring at me. 


Minty goodness, anyone? So simple and refreshing! I used lime juice, mashed mint leaves, Sun Crystals (or any other sweetener) to taste and water. Ahhhh....


Last night's dinner- fresh tomato, low fat mozzarella and a whole wheat tortilla from La Tortilla Factory pressed on our panini grill! :)

I also made KALE CHIPS! :) I rinsed and de-veined (mostly just the big stems) some fresh curly kale, tossed with a bit of olive oil, curry powder, onion flakes and garlic powder, and baked on an aluminum-foil lined tray  at 300 for about 20 minutes.
Before....

Ahem... Umm... There's no "after" picture because my husband and I ate the entire batch off the tray as soon as they came out of the oven... Oops... They were THAT good. *Disclaimer* I usually HATE kale. 


ANNNND some Homemade Chocolate Banana Ice Cream! This is probably the easiest and most delicious thing to make EVER. Cut up some ripe (or slightly overripe) bananas, toss them in the freezer for a few hours (if they're frozen solid, let them thaw a few minutes unless you want a blender freak-out like I experienced), throw them in the blender and have patience. You'll think it's not working for the first few minutes. Blend. Stop. Stir. Repeat. Add some baker's cocoa if you'd like (I did!) and magically, vegan, GF chocolate banana ice cream apears! I added a small scoop of frozen Cool Whip and peanut butter (Joe went with chocolate chips).

This morning I hit the gym for a quick 3 mile run- this half marathon training schedule is throwing me for a loop... I've been doing 6 milers, so cutting back and working on speed is sort of weirding me out... I'll get  used to it! :)

I recovered with some fresh pineapple, granola and greek yogurt. Mmmm....

I have a list a mile long of recipes I want to try in the coming weeks- I read some DELICIOUS blogs! :)

These are calling my name: 




What are you craving now?

1 comment:

A Prelude To... said...

I love banana soft serve made like that!! YUM!
That water sounds so FRESH! - we're going to make some this weekend - thanks!

Post a Comment