Monday, March 7, 2011

Adventure must start with running away from home..."

One of my favorite William Bolitho quotes. To me, it means that the first step in adventure is stepping out of your comfort zone. And that's exactly what I'm striving to do with my:

ADVENTURE OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE

It's so easy to get caught up in a routine, especially if you're contented with your routine. Don't get me wrong- I'm quite happy with the way things are now, and I have A LOT to be thankful for. But sometimes, you need to shake things up a bit, which is why I have resolved to go on at least one adventure every month.

What constitutes an adventure?
-At it's most simple, an exciting new experience. It can be a class, an event, a trip, a meal...

Where will these adventures take place?
-Who knows? It's tough for me to get out of the city with my schedule, so I'll be searching out new nooks and crannies to explore.

How are you doing so far?
I decided on my "Adventure A Month" challenge on the last day of January, so I did two adventures in February. They were my Yamuna Body Rolling Class and my trip to the Brooklyn  Banya. Look for a monthly adventure post from here on out!

Do you go on adventures? 

4 comments:

Katie said...

You should take an adventure out to Suffolk County :) We go on adventures sometimes with my son, more in the summer.

Katie said...

Also I am VERY intrigues by this Turkish Bath House, I might have to make a trip there!!

Unknown said...

That could be fun! Maybe a summertime adventure to Long Island??

And the bath house was awesome! Very relaxing...

Katie ♥ said...

Adventures are fun! The summer will be a good time for adventures for me!

I need to buy some kettlebells for my house!

Have a great weekend! xoxo <3

Post a Comment