Tuesday, March 1, 2011

YAY MARCH (A few days late)

I feel like I blinked and February was over! After an epic January, I’ll admit my expectations were a bit low (not EVERY month can be fabulous, can it?), but February rocked my socks off! The month started with two graduate school auditions and my beautiful sister winning the title of Miss Fulton County 2011 (an official preliminary to the Miss New York and Miss America pageants) along with a $4500 scholarship! I’m so proud! My YWCA and Community Word Project students in Brooklyn and the Bronx (all 180 of them) had their big shows mid-month and both were huge successes! My one-woman show was submitted to the NY Fringe Festival (keep your fingers crossed) and I’ve had some exciting opportunities for partnerships and possible tour venues…  Obviously my lips are sealed until contracts are signed, but send good vibes! I got my $700 Badgley Mischka DREAM WEDDING GOWN for $85 at Loehmanns (under wraps until the wedding, but believe me when I say it’s KILLING ME not to show everyone! I PROMISE to bombard you with a million pictures after…). I fulfilled my monthly requirement for adventures (look for a post about this) and I was selected for a playwrighting residency in Little Switzerland, NC!

February was also awesome because I (sort of ) got myself back on the workout bandwagon. January was a TOUGH month diet/ exercise wise, and I paid for it. I was exhausted, cranky and felt pretty gross overall. Not fun. I have a really bad tendency of over-booking and over-extending myself and I always regret it. So this month, I’m taking a different approach. I’m scheduling my workouts like I’d schedule work appointments, and I’m sticking to them. Aside from wanting to look HAWT in previously mentioned designer wedding gown and on my Carribbean honeymoon, I also want to FEEL good. I’ll need the energy and strength these next few months and I know how to get myself there. I just need to carve out time to do it!
I don’t usually set specific number goals, but in the spirit of mixing things up for spring, I’ll give it a try this month.

Goals:
-Lose 5 lbs
-Foam Roll for 5 minutes before bed AT LEAST 5 nights/ week
-Attend three yoga classes
-Get 7.5 hours of sleep EVERY NIGHT.

March will be a big month for me as I wait for decisions on a lot of exciting opportunities... Wish me luck!