Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beach Barbeque Prep and CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES!

 After running like a beast yesterday, I needed to refuel, bigtime. Cue awesome nacho plate! Blue corn tortillas, veggie protein crumbles, monterey jack cheese and salsa. Mmmmm...

Joe and I are hosting a beach BBQ on Sunday, I started some prep work early...

 Half of the corn is drizzled in honey and lime juice.

The other 1/2 in garlic and olive oil!

And then I set to work on these beauties. Cheesecake stuffed strawberries, as seen here!
 I started by rinsing and de-stemming a pound of strawberries. 

 I mixed an 8oz container of fat-free cream cheese with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and a tablespoon vanilla.

 The recipe called for graham crackers, but this was the closest my bodega had. That'll work.

 I spooned the mixture into a pastry bag ziplock bag and cut off the corner so I could squeeze the filling into the strawberries. 

 After they're filled, they get a quick dip in some crushed cookies and they're good to go.

Epic. And I swear I only sampled one. So far...

I adapted these from Nutmeg Nanny's Recipe.

Now I'm headed into Manhattan to do some quick shopping and then surprise a friend with cupcakes for his birthday! His family owns Stokes Farm and they sell THE BEST produce at the Lincoln Sq and Union Sq Greenmarkets. If you're in the area, go say hi! Ask for Papa Ron (Union Sq) or Ronnie (Lincoln Sq) and tell them I sent you! :)

What Saturday adventures do you have planned?

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Great. Thanks. Exactly what I needed to see after my Insanity workout...LOL ;)

Sarah Grecco said...

Holy cow that stuff looks amazing! Lime & honey is something I've never done but am now dying to try! Love the strawberry stuffed with cheesecake as well.....

xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go

Tenecia said...

Those strawberries are OUTTA CONTROL!!!!!!

T.

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!

Unknown said...

@Jenny- I'm sure you earned AT LEAST one strawberry during your workout! :)

@Sarah- Lime and honey (and sometimes chili) is my POWER COMBO! I put it on EVERYTHING! Enjoy! :)

@T- You know I'll save ya one, girl!

@Alex- Thanks! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my. I must try those. You're a genius.

Unknown said...

Lisa- they were a hit! :) You must try them!

Aubrie said...

Those cheesecake stuffed strawberries look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Unknown said...

You're welcome, Aubrie! Let me know if you make them!

Unknown said...

Awesome, I came across your blog on stumbleupon Keelie :)

Unknown said...

@Mandy- Ha! Awesome! Especially since you inspired me to hunt down this recipe! :)

Post a Comment