Sunday, December 25, 2011

Indiana Day 2

After our very late night, Joe and I arose around noon- it felt positively LUXURIOUS to sleep in so late! Joe whipped up some scallion, broccoli and cheddar omelettes!


Joe's mom keeps some delicious multi-grain cranberry wheat bread around which Joe's dad has dubbed "Chick Bread". It makes awesome toast!


Made even more awesome with the addition of some apple butter or blackberry preserves!


We spent the afternoon picking up some last minute Christmas gifts and then lounged about the house a bit. 

I actually don't remember what we had for dinner that evening (I know- I'm shocked too) but I DO remember what we had for dessert!

So does Joe...


RITTERS!


OH YEAH!


Ritters' Custard = Sweet Creamy Decadence.

Joe got a Chocolate Glacier with Heath Bars.


I got a Vanilla Glacier with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...


Steve got a Brownie Sundae!


Ahh... Dessert.

I've got a confession to make, pals. Since the second half of the semester, I have almost completely fallen off the fitness bandwagon, and it sucks. A lot. I've noticed a difference not only physically, but mentally. I'm stoked to get back into the game and I recently came across an article entitled The Creative Brain on Exercise that provides some interesting insight on the effects of getting sweaty on creative capabilities.