Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Food, Film Shoots and Packing

When my hubs gets inspired, he can do magical things. 


Like baking this chocolate chip banana bread that incorporated Greek  yogurt, making it the most moist, rich and dense banana bread on the planet. HEAVEN.


Sometimes it amazes me how epicly delicious food can be hiding right under your nose- literally. Joe and I have lived in our current 'hood for going on 7 years, and we've walked past Jimmy's Famous Heros a TRILLION times, without ever batting an eye. 


It's a pretty unassuming little place. Just a cooler, a counter and a chip-stand. I find that often the best food comes from simple setups. 

Joe ordered mozzarella and proscuitto with tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. 

Since I shared an initial with Kristen, who was making our sandwiches, I got the VIP treatment. 

Sopressata, capicola, proscuitto, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, onion, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano. 

They don't mess around. These sandwiches are HUGE! As in, two meal-huge. 

Saturday was fun and FREEZING. We were shooting I Am Schmuck in Long Beach, LI, on one of the windiest and most bitingly cold days of late. 

I did my best to keep warm in the makeup tent...








Here I am, 100% creeped-out and ready to play the mildly frightening "Windy". 

Most of my scene involves terrorizing this kid. 

I had a blast working with Eric- he was such a good sport! 


Our handsome writer/ director. I think he has a crush on me. 

Though I hear he's married. ;)

Sunday was a stay-in-and-organize kinda day. 
It was also an eat-all-the-produce-because-we're-going-away-for-a-week day. This smoothie in a bowl did the trick! Fresh and frozen fruit mixed with Greek yogurt, protein and a splash of milk! Topped with granola!

And then... PACKING TIME! I managed to narrow down my footwear for Hawaii to five pairs. Two dressy, one casual, one pair of sneakers and one pair of flip flops (plus the Chucks I wore on the plane). Not too shabby!

I'm a notorious over-packer, so I found extra space by stuffing my shoes full of things! Mostly socks...

I had to make room for my four swimsuits SOMEHOW! :)

Look for Hawaii updates soon! :)