Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kettlebells Circuits and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Yesterday morning I started off with some bran flakes and blueberries-simple, but tasty and filling.

After breakfast I squeezed in a quick kettlebell workout.

It was a short circuit- repeated 3x.

60 jumprope turns
10 double swings- 12k bell
10 right arm swings- 12k bell
10 left arm swings- 12k bell
10kb press right 10k
10kb press left 10k

I hopped in the shower and got to use one of my favorite new products:

 The Brusher provides a nice, gentle exfoliation (a nice contrast from my usual obsession with St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which is awesome, but not an every day product) and the gel cleanser is gentle and refreshing!

I had a date planned for the afternoon with my trainer/ surrogate mom/ business manager Ellen Stein. We went and saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I really enjoyed it, though I didn't read the book. I was especially impressed with the music by Trent Reznor (musical genius from Nine Inch Nails- I grew up on this stuff).



 Also, Daniel Craig is my boyfriend.

If you're nice, I'll share.


Joe and I finished editing the rough draft of his book (WAHOO) and he whipped up some soup as a thank-you!

It's pretty anemic looking, but delicious, I swear! Tofu, onions, pinto beans, turnip greens and beets.

I'm a condiments-in-soup freak. This + a little avocado took this dish over the top! Mmm...

I had such a wonderful time hosting Fitblog Chats last night! We talked about community building and networking with other bloggers and I was so honored to be able to facilitate the conversation. I think we, as healthy living bloggers, can be such a valuable resource to our local communities and each other, and I'm so very, very grateful to be a part of such a supportive network of inspirational people. I hope everyone walked away with some ideas or new blog friends to network with.

I'm off to meet with a professor and then hit the gym! It's a running day, maybe with some upper body strength thrown in?