Saturday, October 15, 2011

Catch Up!

I miss you, dear blog pals! Where have I been? All over! What have I been eating? Everything! What have I been doing? A ton! Here's a recap. 

 Delicious leftovers from our happy potluck party.

Learning my lines while scarfing down a Spinach Feta wrap and a GIANT iced coffee at Starbucks. 

Salad dinner while waiting for the train after a 12 hour day. Oy. 

Another quick lunch break- chili and salad from the cafeteria. Ehhh...

Yesterday AM Joe and I were both free! It felt like hitting the jackpot twice, since we spent the morning together on Sunday

We're finally down to the second bag of hand picked apples from our upstate trip, so I decided to give Chocolate Covered Katie's Hot Apple Pie Pancakes a try! 

I followed the recipe almost exactly- we doubled everything but the sugar and used Sun Crystals instead. 


I decided to whip up an impromptu topping- I chopped three small apples and sauteed them with coconut oil, adding about 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream sweetened with a bit of confectioners sugar, a teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 T vanilla extract.

Allow to boil and simmer of over medium heat until cream reduces. Allow to cool slightly. Buttery, caramely, rich and decadent. Healthy? No. Amazing? Yep. 


The pancakes looked beautiful! 

Even more so after being topped with the caramely-apple-happy-town-sauce. 



The verdict? Epic success. The pancakes were perfectly sweet, dense and moist and the topping... ohhhh the topping....

After breakfast we scrambled around to clean my apartment for the impending arrival of my Mama Pajama! Wahoo! :)

I've not had a chance to read ANY blogs over the past few days. :( Catch me up! What's going on in your life?