Friday, October 7, 2011

Friar's Club Scholarship Reception!

Yesterday was a whirlwind! I rushed out of the house in the AM after scrambling to make sure I had everything I needed for the day!

Breakfast was a Clif Kid Zbar (SO. YUMMY) and an apple.

After a morning full of Voice and Speech classes my classmates and I took a quick break to enjoy lunch outside!
 My TJ lunch happytown- edamame with garlic and olive oil, TJ's Masala Lentil Dip, TJ's Sweet Potato Chips, TJ's Seaweed snacks and a TJ's Fiberful bar!

We had our Kinetics class outside- what fun! We worked on a scene from William Inge's Picnic. I left class early with my classmate Jonny to head into Manhattan to accept our Friar's Club Scholarships! The Friar's Foundation Adopt A Scholar program gives scholarship awards to NYC performing arts students. I'm so grateful to have been selected for this award! I was invited to perform a piece from my one-woman show, A Woman In Progress, which was very exciting, but also a bit nerve-wracking! 

Getting ready to perform for an incredibly esteemed audience- OH THE NERVES! 

Jonny spoke on behalf of the Brooklyn College contingency with honesty, gratitude and of course, a bit of chop-busting humor- as is necessary at the Friar's Club (perhaps you've heard of their Celebrity Roasts?).

And then I took the stage! My monologue was very well received and I got a lot of great feedback!

Today is a catch-up day- I've got homework galore, an article to write for Brokelyn, details for the NYC Blogger Playdate to arrange and cleaning, cooking and preparations to be made for tonight's potluck dinner with my classmates!

What are your plans for the weekend?