Monday, November 7, 2011

Bagels and Sushi and Cupcakes, OH MY!

Breakfast sandwiches make your homegirl happy. In a really magical way. Since I went to one of my favorite breakfast sandwich spots Saturday AM, it seemed only logical that I go to the other one on Sunday AM. Right?
 If you're looking for the quintessential Brooklyn bagel shop/ deli, Sheepshead Bay's Bagel Boy is about as good as it gets. It's always packed in the AM, but the counter guys are always super helpful and seem genuinely grateful for the business. And the food NEVER disappoints. 

Joe got his usual French Toast bagel with Cinnamon Raisin cream cheese. 

And I went to my happy place- French Toast bagel with sausage, cheddar and egg. REALLY, you should be eating this (unless you keep kosher or don't like animal products, in which case, you should be REALLY jealous). 

After breakfast, I ran to CVS to stock up on supplies for Operation STOP-BEING-SICK-NOW. 

Here I am, pretending to feel better! Aren't  I convincing?

$15 later I came home with my provisions and settled in for a day of homework and coughing. 

I munched on some leftovers for lunch and when dinner time rolled around I was NOT in the mood to cook, so when Joe got home, we ordered sushi! 


And because he's the best, Joe brought me sweets from Red Velvet Westside Bakery
 The cupcakes were great- a red velvet with cream cheese frosting that Joe preferred, and a yellow cake with butter cream frosting that literally made me drool.

And then, we pulled this beast out of the bag. 

Holy Whoopie Pie. I am not even close to exaggerating when I explain that this weighed AT LEAST a pound. Sweet Baby Dinosaur. The cookie was crumbly chocolatey happiness and the sugary icing was quite exciting.

 There's nothing more smile-inducing than a dessert the size of your face. 

In other news, my Creamy Apple, Pumpkin and Delicata Squash Soup recipe was one of the four winners of the Swanson Health Blogger Recipe Contest! Wahoo!!!

Fingers crossed that I have a voice for Voice class tomorrow!