Monday, November 14, 2011

Beautiful Brooklyn!

I woke up A LOT later than planned on Sunday (perhaps because I didn't get in until 3:30a- my classmates are a bad influence)! I squeezed in a quick workout using Daily Burn (I'm part of their beta group- I LOVE THIS WORKOUT! More details to come!) and then I busted out some homework while chowing down on a greek yogurt/ cereal combo. 

I ADORE all the Attune Foods products (we got to try them at the Healthy Living Summit and they sent us home with samples!) but the Strawberry Uncle Sam is truly my jam (rhymes are intentional, ALWAYS). 

Forgive the cell phone picture- my camera battery was DEAD!

Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for the 2012 Miss Brooklyn Pageant! I was Miss Brooklyn 2009 and they invited all the formers back to celebrate the crowning of the 5th Miss Brooklyn since the pageant was re-instituted! The director asked us to dig out our sashes (which only took me 45 minutes to find...). I've been out of the pageant system for over a year now, and I had forgotten how long it takes to get ready for these things....
My school uniform- black sweatpants and a t-shirt- doesn't really require false eyelashes and curling irons... It's like riding a bike, though- no matter how long you've been away from it, it all comes back to you!

I was running late so I rushed over to the beautiful Brooklyn Music School (conveniently located a block from Atlantic Terminal) to wish all the girls luck before the pageant started!

 I got to catch up with some pageant pals including the beautiful Christina Moore- Miss Brooklyn 2011

 And I was reunited with my homegirl Melanie Gowrie- she was Miss Brooklyn's Outstanding Teen when I was Miss Brooklyn- LOVE this girl! :)

 There was a lot of quality entertainment between phases of competition. These little dancers were some of the cutest things on earth, and TALENTED! 

Despite a late start, the competition flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to Miss Brooklyn 2011. Congratulations on an AMAZING year, Christina. I'm so very proud of you.

The 12 contestants were all so very, very impressive. Stunning, talented and intelligent, every last one of them! 

Amanda Alicea was the first runner up. 

Jaleesa Peterkins was named Miss County Queen 2012! Congratulations!

And Miss Brooklyn 2012 is..... Maria DeSantis! Well earned- congratulations, girl!
  
Christina was an excellent Miss Brooklyn- she'll be missed!

Myself and the co-host congratulating the new Miss Brooklyn!

Some things never change. The BEST part about pageants? Taking your shoes off and running around barefoot afterwards!

*Attune Foods gave me this product to sample. I was  not otherwise compensated for this review. The thoughts/ opinions expressed here are my own!