Sunday, November 20, 2011

NYC Blogger Playdate #3- November!

I can't believe it's already November, and we've already had THREE NYC Blogger Playdates!

Yesterday AM I grabbed a NuGo Dark Mint Chocolate Chip Bar to snack on as I headed into Manhattan. Sweet, crunchy, chocolatey and satisfying. 

Our first stop was Five Points Academy on Canal Street. What an exceptional facility! Five Points Academy offers Muay Thai, Judo, Kali, Kettlebells, TRX, Sandbags and so much more. I want to work out here EVERY DAY!

We had our sights set on the Kettlebells! I've raved about my addiction to KB training on this blog- initiated by my trainer/ coach/ PR manager/ friend/ adopted mom Ellen Stein (aka KettlebEllen). I've only worked individually and in private training sessions, though, so yesterday was my first group KB class!

Instructor Arjan Steve Milles kept our very large group (appx 25 people) engaged and WORKING during this hour long class, including KB basics like the swing (YESSSS cardio and glutes), squat, deadlift and overhead press. 


From L to R

Anonymous Awesome-Pants at 100 First Dates (hidden in the back- we won't blow your cover)!
Laura at Joyful Shimmy
Myself
Arjan Steve Milles- Trainer, Coach and Instructor

 I've found I'm happiest when covered in sweat and holding a Kettlebell...

We were STARVING after class, so we strolled over to Patois on Mulberry St. for brunch! 

 Their $12.95 brunch prix fixe includes coffee, two Mimosas (or a Bloody Mary) and a delicious entree! 


I opted for the stuffed french toast with Mascarpone and strawberries. Heaven.


A HUGE thank you to all the attending bloggers who made the afternoon so wonderful! Hope to see you all soon!

Check out 100 First Dates' recap here!
Check out Joyful Shimmy's recap here!
Check out Mom's Gotta Run's recap here!
Check out Another Interesting Year's recap here!
Check out Peace Love Nutrition's recap here!
Check out Learning To Say Yes's recap here!