Thursday, November 10, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Last night tasted like bitter, miserable defeat. 

At least lunch was GREAT! Mixed greens topped with avocado, wheat berries, eggplant garlic spread and chili lime almonds! Oy. Vey. So great.

I was exhausted when I got home from school and was incredibly tempted to throw in the towel and order out, but I knew I'd be happier if I used the bag of spinach in our fridge before it went bad, so Joe and I set out to make an improvised spinach pie. 

I even made Joe cut an onion. 

I'll spare you the gory details, but I got REALLY creative, and things went REALLY bad REALLY quickly. It was beyond salvageable, and I pride myself in being able to rescue recipe fails. Not this one. You can't save them all. Now even the smell of it in the garbage depresses me. Sigghhhh... 

We whipped up a box of Near East Couscous which we KNEW would be great. It was. 

We were still hungry, though. Flax tortilla nachos with black bean salsa to the rescue! 

Luckily, my latest contribution to Brooklyn Exposed was posted yesterday, which improved my mood greatly! (Stop over and leave me some love if you have a second!)

And now, for your daily dose of gross, check out What's In Fast Food Chicken, and swear off nuggets for ever and ever. 

I think I've finally rounded the bend with my mystery illness! Fingers crossed- I'm hoping to go for a run tomorrow! Wahooooooo! 

What are you looking forward to this weekend?