Monday, November 28, 2011

MY MIA Week Part 1: Pushing Through to the Weekend!

It has been over a WEEK since I've last posted. I assure you I hadn't planned it that way (I was doing so well with NaBloPoMo!!!), but what can I say? Sometimes, life gets in the way. School and rehearsals and preparing to travel for the holiday and tons of errands piling up made for an INSANE week. 

Here are a few highlights!

Mmm... Nature Boy Tofu Wrap. I was starving after a rehearsal and swung into a grocery store in Park Slope and picked up this bad boy. 

Fresh, yummy, satisfying, Kosher AND Halal. In case you were wondering...

I tackled this monstrosity of a laundry pile one evening, finishing around 1a. Oy. Vey.
Can you tell I'm not amused? I. HAVE. HOMEWORK. 

The saddest kids at the laundromat. 

The only thing that makes laundry remotely tolerable is the BANGIN' Uzbek restaurant next door called 1001 Nights- we treat ourselves to takeout when we're washing clothes and haven't had a chance to eat yet. 

On the menu:

Manpar

Pumpkin Samsa

Chicken Kebabs (+ Lamb and Beef- not pictured)

 Meat Samsa
Pardon the phone pics- even I don't bring my camera to the laundromat...

I pretty much ran on coffee and bars! Quick, delicious, energizing. 

I got several packages in the mail! 

My VERY FIRST EVER Brooks Running Shoes- I am DYING to try them out (though I don't know if it's going to happen this week if I'm being honest with myself). So. Beautiful. 

AND Klout sent me the Macy's Culinary Council Thanksgiving & Holiday Cookbook, which I happily shared with my dad! I'm hoping he'll make me some of the goodies from this book when I come home next!

I made one of my favorite late-night study snacks- POWER NACHOS!

Healthy tortillas + black beans, salsa and cheese= heaven.

And I had several sleepy en-route breakfasts that looked A LOT like this...

I am SO very very very glad to be back. I missed you all more than I can explain! What have you been up to this past week? Any must-read posts? I need to catch up!