Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Starting the Week Off Right!

Catch up time! Sunday AM I whipped up some chocolate protein oats with sunflower seed butter. Looks gross, tastes divine. 

The sun was shining as I walked to the train to go to rehearsal. 

We had a very successful rehearsal of a scene from Shakespeare's Richard III- I play Queen Elizabeth, and it the scene Richard (my brother-in-law who has murdered two of my sons and my husband and my brothers) asks to marry my young daughter. Ya know, like ya do. 

After rehearsal I headed to Connecticut Muffin on Cortelyou Rd. to catch up on homework and grab some coffee. 

And maybe snack on a Maple Scone. Mmm....

I was joined by my alternate mom/ former personal trainer/ constant inspiration Ellen Stein. We hadn't seen each other in a month or two, so it was good to catch up. 

When I got home, I had a mountain of homework to finish, but I was STARVING! TJ's Saag Paneer and some brown rice to the rescue!

When your husband works for Wafels and Dinges, sometimes, magical things like this appear in your home and make everything seem better. That, my friends, is a sweet, chewy Liege wafel with bacon baked into it. Run, don't walk. 


Yesterday AM I whipped up a smoothie to bring with me to school, as I was running a bit late to get to rehearsal...


+


+

 = A filling, refreshing and delicious breakfast. 

After rehearsal I had an Improv class yesterday, which was a blast! We got a special Halloween discussion about the origins of storytelling and my teacher and classmates brought in a TON of candy. I had three mini-Hersheys, two Reese's PB Cups, two mini-Snickers, a mini-Milky Way and some candy corn throughout the four hour class. Holy. Moly. 

After class I ran over to the school's gym and hopped on a treadmill- I've been itching to run and it felt GOOOOOOOOOOOD. 

When I got home, Joe had dinner waiting. It. was. epic. Enjoy his recipe below!


Peanut Butter and Je...Swiss Chard?

-1 Bunch Swiss Chard
-1 Package Extra Firm Tofu
-1 Handful of Cranberries
-3 Tbsps Peanut Butter
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-2 Tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
-3 Cloves Garlic

1. Chop garlic into tiny pieces and put into good-sized pan on stove.
2. Add olive oil and start cooking on medium heat.
3. Cut tofu into half-inch squares and throw into pan.
4. Cook for a bit.
5. Cut stems off swiss chard, cut into manageable pieces and put into pan.
6. Add balsamic vinegar.
7. Add cranberries.
8. Cook until swiss chard is limp and tender.
9. Add peanut butter and mix around thoroughly.
10. EAT!

In other news, I'm participating in NaBloPoMo! You should too!

My first contribution to Brokelyn was published yesterday! Check out my Concrete Jungle Gym Series!

I'm starting to plan the November NYC Blogger Playdate! I. Can't. Wait!