Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tuesday Tasted Good...

Yesterday's eats, in concise, blog form!

A smoothie on the subway while headed to school! Strawberries, soy milk, kefir, chocolate protein powder, flax and green powder (for super powers)!

I power-lunched with my classmate Sarah while we worked on homework. Cocoa roasted almonds, strawberry Greek yogurt, a Laughing Cow French Onion Cheese Wedge with Special K crackers, TJ's Lentil Chips and Salsa and some Blue Diamond Chili Lime Almonds. YUM.


After Speech class I headed to the gym for a quick 3 miles... I've been out of running for... umm... ahem... almost 2 months. Oy. Vey. Makin' a comeback!

When I got home I surveyed the kitchen and decided that the veggies chillin' in the fridge were dying a slow, painful death. 

It's ROASTIN' time! I chopped a zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant, tossed with olive oil, garlic, curry powder, cumin, rice vinegar and Franks Red Hot, dumped it into a baking dish, popped it into a 450 degree oven and left it for 25 mins or so. 


While the veggies were roasting, I went in search of some protein and fortunately did not have to look far! 

I rinsed the beans and added 2 Tbs of TJ's Mango Ginger Chutney and began to heat on the stovetop...

...WHEN INSPIRATION STRUCK. I had baked up a sweet potato earlier in the week, topped with almond butter and cinnamon and then... decided I wasn't in the mood... so it sat. And sat. And sat in my fridge. And then, I heard a voice, and it said, "Keelie, why don't you put the baked sweet potato with almond butter in with the beans and mango ginger chutney? And so I did. And it was great. 

Roasted veggies and mashed sweet potato and great northern beans. Mmmm...

I also noticed some sad looking avocados in the fridge, and thought for a nanosecond before realizing EXACTLY what I wanted to make with them. Vanilla Avocado Banana "Softserve" from Averie at Love, Veggies and Yoga! If you haven't checked out Averie's blog, DO IT! Now! For realz- the lady is a recipe genius and her photographs are gorgeous. Love, Veggies and Yoga was one of the first blogs I started reading and I'm still a huge fan! 

I've been wanting to try this FORever. Sweet. Baby. Dinosaur. My mouth is in love. Admittedly I got a bit lazy and janked with the recipe a little- but the basic concept was the same and it was so, friggin, delicious!

What are your favorite blogs to read for food inspiration? I love learning about other blogs! :)