Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Final Day of Hurrication

 It was sad leaving baby Ronnie on our final morning of hurrication (See Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 here). After breakfast, we packed up, said goodbye and headed back into Manhattan. 

We got back into the city with enough time to enjoy lunch together before Joe had to go to work and I had to go home to prep myself for school. We decided to check out Whym on 9th Ave and 58th St. 

 I opted for the House Made Veggie Burger with avocado. 

 Joe went with the Grilled Chicken Wrap.

 Joe's wrap was DELICIOUS- smoked bacon, avocado, fresh mozzarella, baby spinach, toasted pepita mayonnaise and grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat wrap. Simple, clean and refreshing. The sweet potato fries were so flavorful, but unfortunately not very fresh tasting. 

 My buckwheat and blackbean veggie burger on a sesame brioche with chipotle aioli was filling- I loved the crisp edges, but the inside was a bit mushy for my liking. The dressing on the field greens was great. 

Joe and I grabbed a quick iced coffee after lunch, and then I headed home to organize myself for the start of school! 

 I finished gluing the final pieces to this selection of images that I found representative of my voice- it accompanied a paper entitled "The History Of My Voice". It was really interesting for me to reflect on my voice and vocal associations as they relate to my personal history. We do lots of those sort of assignments in acting school. :) 

 I prepped some joats (jar oats) for a solid start in the AM- this particular batch contained chia seeds, flax seeds, oats, rice protein powder, cinnamon, TEMPT hemp milk (review coming soon!), water and sunflower butter. I added a few frozen berries after mixing and popped it into the fridge. 

 Then it was time to decompress. This tea did the trick. 

 I set up shop in my homework nook, reviewing my reading, proof-reading my papers and getting focused!

I had a small bowl of cereal before bed since we had a late lunch. 

 These bad boys taste like fall! Mmmm....cinnamon. Love.


And then, sweet dreams! :)

Stay tuned for a recap of my first day of grad school! 

Don't forget to enter my Bondi Band Giveaway!