Friday, June 10, 2011

Hot and Rainy

Hooray for days off! My students weren't in school yesterday for something administration related, so neither was I! I grabbed some Ezekiel toast and peanut butter and hit the beach with my co-worker Erin instead!

It hit 100 in NYC yesterday. Oy. Vey. Yes, that's sweat on my shirt, and all we did was walk 10 mins from my apt to the beach. Crazy.


When I got back, I made myself an egg-white, red pepper and feta scramble for lunch. Mmmm....

When I came home, I decided that even though I didn't feel well, I didn't want to fall any further behind on my running schedule. I was supposed to be doing 3 miles plus strength training, so like any sane person, I headed back out into the heat to crank out some mileage. I got my 3 miles in 28 mins... not super, but honestly a bit better than I thought. I stopped because I was sure I was going to puke at one point, but I held it together! Keelie- 1. Heat (not Miami)- 0. 

Joe had arrived home early and was waiting for me when I staggered into our apartment after our run. I told him I'd hug him later and hopped into a nice, cool shower... Ahhhh...... We had a REALLY light dinner of leftover Garlic Lemon Quinoa Salad, and then were planning on going for a walk when the rain started. Hmmmpphhh... What to do?

Board Games!

We played Blokus- a new (to us) board game that we recieved as a Christmas? Birthday? gift last year? the year before? Yes, you can borrow my PJ bottoms and Yankees shirt (if you take really good care of it). 

Next, we moved on to:

SO. FUN. You roll two dice that specify what your haiku should be about, and then you create one (using the standard 3 lines, 5-7-5 syllable scheme) using the other cubes.

So these are rolled like so. 

And then you get:
Please don't hold me responsible for Joe's poetry.

 Yeah. Much better.

We make EVERY game intense.



And what would a rainy game night be without some snackage?

Behold: the PERFECT ice cream.

It is every bit as amazing as it sounds. RUN. Do not walk. RUN to get this ice cream, before I eat it ALLLLLL! :)

What do you do on rainy nights? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw your night looks like so much fun! I just discovered Blokus a couple months ago--addicting! And loving the Yanks shirt :)

A Fine Balance said...

BAHAHA this ice cream sounds to die for I cant say I ahve ever seen it in our grocery stores. They better be bringign this to Canada by July 16 or you will have to seriously mail me some for my post competition pig out...all the the thing I love in one! :)

A Prelude To... said...

My kids love Blokus!
I love Ben & Jerry's!

Unknown said...

Liz- I know, right! It's fun!!! And I'm glad you like my shirt! :)

@A Fine Balance- it is beyond perfect. Seriously the best ice cream on earth. :) If I can find it again, I'll hide one in my freezer for you! :)

Julie- B&J are the BEST! :)

Post a Comment