Thursday, June 9, 2011

How to Hydrate?

As I mentioned yesterday, I'll be running my VERY FIRST RACE EVER in August- the Bronx 1/2 Marathon! Should I have started with a shorter distance? Hmmm... Maybe. But I'm a balls-to-the-wall type of girl. 

I'm completely CLUELESS about hydration, though, and I need your suggestions!

What do you do for a 1/2? Water belt? Carry a bottle? Rely on hydration stations? 

It's gonna be HOT...

Suggestions! Please!

I'm off to Manhattan Beach with a pal! :)

More later!

2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I started using a Nathan handheld about a year ago and I really like it! It helps on those hot days because sometimes you want water between the stops and sometimes they are crazy. I used a water belt before but it didn't feel comfortable. The handheld worked for me but try out different things and see what you feel comfortable with.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nancy! I've been worried that a water belt would be awkward...

Post a Comment