Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brooklyn (Actors)... We go hard...

Seven actors. Three classes. 8 hours. One room. That's just how we roll at Brooklyn College. 

First was Voice class followed by Speech class, both of which we've already had this week. We had a quick break before our third class began, so a classmate and I ran downstairs to grab some iced coffee and chow down on some snacks. I had a banana (that was delicious, but not photo worthy) and a NuGo Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Bar. Chewy, crunchy, chocolatey and just sweet enough. My belly was happy. 


Applied Kinetics was next- I think I'm going to love this class. It focuses a lot on energy awareness and analysis of scripts. 

When we were finished with class I swung by the gym for a quick but efficient workout- short cardio breaks (a mile on the treadmill, 5 mins on the rower, elliptical, etc) with a strength circuit focusing on legs and glutes! Annnnddd....ouch. I'm still adjusting to the school gym- they don't have a TON of equipment and sadly, no free-weights (I'm not really a machine person), but I'll make due! Now I just need to remember to freeze my regular gym membership...

My fridge is EMPTY. That's what happens when school takes over your life. I really can't complain, though. :) Dinner was eggwhites with a bit of cheddar cheese and a giant, juicy bowl of GREEN BEANS. YEEHAW!

I'm not going to lie, I'm exhausted. Today marked the end of our first week of classes, but we're attending the MFA director's class tomorrow to help out with an undisclosed activity- basically- we're their guinea pigs. Afterwards I'm hoping to hit the beach with a few of my classmates for some much needed relaxation. 

What plans do you have for the weekend?