Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm a lucky girl.

I'm slurping down my AM iced coffee and getting ready to head out the door- I don't have class, but we (the MFA actors) have been invited to the MFA director's class for a "fun exercise". Expect the unexpected...

Afterwards, I'm heading to the beach with some of my classmates. 

While showering this morning, I was thinking about how amazingly lucky I am to be a part of this program, so have such amazing peers and teachers, to have a wonderful husband, a loving family and some of the best friends on earth. It was honestly a bit overwhelming. 

Things I'm grateful for today:

1) Having the opportunity to study and perfect my craft as my full-time commitment.
2) Having a strong support network.
3) The beautiful weather.
4) The fact that there are people who are interested in listening to what I have to say.
5) Having a home- my thoughts go out to everyone who suffered damage during hurricane Irene. 
6) Always having enough to eat and not worrying about where my next meal will come from.
7)  My health- the ability to walk, run, swim, exercise and dance.
8) Getting to walk past this every morning and evening.



What are you grateful for today?