Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pre-Audition Nerves and Lunchtime Treats

It's monologue day! We're bringing in our monologues to present for our voice teacher this morning. Tomorrow we meet with our Acting teacher for a coaching session, and then Saturday we have auditions for the remaining spots in the fall productions (my program tries not to cast 1st semester students so that we have a chance to get acclimated). I don't know why, but I am so. damn. nervous! More nervous, I think, then when I was auditioning to get into the program!

Annnnnddddd..... Breaaatthhhhheeee......

Thursdays are marathon days for the 1st year MFA actors- Voice from 9:30-11:30a, Speech from 11:30a-1:30p and Kinetics from 2-5:30p. While I was brushing up on my monologue last night, I decided to put together some snacks for our break. 

I dug into my HLS swag bag (which is kind of like Santa's toy bag- bottomless fun...) and pulled out these beauties!

 Mini Fillo Shells from The Fillo Factory (a NJ based company)!

 These baby-sized shells have been calling my name since I first laid eyes on them, but wanted to wait until I could share the joy with some friends!

 I drizzled the insides with a bit of honey...

 Added a chunk of Bulgarian feta...

And topped with redcurrant jam (which tastes like a cross between cranberries and lingonberries).  

My. Oh. My. 

I hope my classmates like them!

I also whipped up some pumpkin spice cookies... Woohoo yummy lunch break!

Do you ever bring treats to school/ work? Is there something you bring in that everyone loves?

How do you combat nervousness?