Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Studying Snacks

Something about studying makes me HUNGRY. Always. On homework days I'm usually so frantic that I don't sit down for a full meal, so I'm constantly snacking throughout the day. Yesterday was no exception. 

A few of my favorite snacks included: 

Fresh Express Coleslaw mix with Ken's Lite Asian Sesame Dressing. OH. YES. 

I LOVE the veggies in coleslaw but HATE mayonnaise with the passion and vengance of 1,000 firey suns, so I LOVE mixing the veggies with some light dressing. 

 Attune Foods was kind enough to send me a box of Rice Twice to sample, and I'm in love! Crisped rice cereal is nostalgic for me, but the brown rice makes it a bit healthier, while tasting essentially the same (the combo of crisped rice and puffed rice is perfect). Sprinkle on some flax seeds for fiber and you're good to go! 

Mildly sweet, crunchy and light. Perfect!
Rice Twice is organic, kosher and gluten-free. 

Attempt #2 at an almond meal pizza crust... flavor was great, texture was... not... I'm working on it!

Oh happy day. 
 Tempt was kind enough to send me some of their Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert to sample!


Check out those nutrition facts... A LOT lighter than your usual pint of you-know-what...

The flavor was beautiful- rich, creamy, mild vanilla- the consistency was lighter than regular ice cream, but still satisfying. 

Perfect to enjoy plain, or dress up with some toppings! Like peanutbutter and chocolate chips....

 Or chocolate hazelnut spread!

Disclaimer: I received the products from Tempt and Erewhon for free- I was not compensated in any other way for these reviews- the opinions expressed here are my own. 

What do you snack on while studying, reading, working, etc?