Sunday, September 11, 2011

Soaking up the sun...

There's nothing like knowing that fall is just around the corner to motivate me to hoard every last outdoor moment I can...

Before my callbacks this AM, I lounged in Brooklyn College's secret garden. Ahhhh....

Being outside makes me happy!

After callbacks, I grabbed coffee with a classmate and then headed  to Brighton Beach with Joe for a date afternoon! We grabbed lunch at Kebeer- one of our regular spots. They were out of the first three things we ordered (no joke) and the service is slow as molasses, but for some reason, we love coming here... Joe got a pastrami sandwich that was tasty (though NYC is the home of the world's best pastrami, so this one wasn't really noteworthy)...

I got lagman- an Uzbek lamb soup. So delicate and fragrant- with tarragon and cliantro!

And some kebabs! Lamb and beef for this girl! :)

We picked up dessert from La Brioche- our favorite Russian bakery (yes, I know- the name's French...)
Since all the signs are in Russian, you never know what you're picking out- this delicious looking sticky bun turned out to be SOAKED in alcohol. Holy. Moly. Not really my style, but the cheapest buzz you'll find in NYC...

We also grabbed one of our old stand-bys: the sweet cheese filled, sugar crusted flake pastry. Sweet baby dinosaur. So good, every time. 

And then, beach time! :)











I feel like most of our dates look like this, since Brighton Beach is within walking distance of our apartment. What's your go-to date activity? Have you been spending much time outdoors?