Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beautiful Bamboo and My Happy Belly

What a beautiful way to start my day!
 I had been in contact with Five Bamboo after falling in love with the t-shirts they made for the Healthy Living Summit. I had ordered a similar shirt for my school uniform (black t's and sweats- comfy!) and they kindly offered to send me a pair of their Crop Leggings, which I received earlier this week! 

I swear I'm wearing a sports bra... or am I?
Soft, stretchy, sturdy and comfy, with a tiny pocket and a wide elastic waistband. I'm in love! 

These pants held up beautifully during a challenging physical warmup in today's Voice class. Our vocal teacher had been away at a conference with the Royal Shakespeare Company in England (she's kind of a big deal), so we had lots of catching up to do. Today's warmup was about releasing and I had a very strong emotional reaction. I'll write more about it on my acting blog, but in brief, I will never, ever doubt the powerful connection between emotions and voice.  

After last night's writing session (I finished my paper at around 2a. ugh.) I was a hot mess getting ready this AM. I barely made it out of the door on time, which meant I didn't have the time to scrounge something edible from my already barren kitchen to have for lunch. I've been trying to pack my lunch EVERY school day in September and this was the first time I missed out. :(

 Cafeteria food is cafeteria food. I hooked it up with as many veggies as I could find- cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, veg lasagna, and I grabbed a few bites of mystery meat (pork? maybe?) and a roll. It was palatable, but not ideal. Lesson learned. 

I made an emergency pit-stop at the grocery store on my way home from class to stock up on the basics...

Annnddd thennn..... DINNAH!

Cukes and red peppers with balsamic, olive oil and feta to start. 

I roasted the eggplant with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic. 

I had completely forgotten I bought this cheese... weeks ago... it looked and smelled fine, so I added some to my creation!

 Roasted eggplant + yogurt cheese sandwich on a Tofuyan flatbread. EPIC.

It's been so long since I've actually worked out that I've started getting antsy. To alleviate my angst, I did a super speedy lightning speed workout!


Extended Arm Side Planks (10/side)

KB Ladder

10 Double Swings, 10 Single Swings (Each Arm), 10 Alternating

14, 12, 10 and 8kg bells

10 Snatches/ Arm- 12k bell

10 Overhead Presses/ Arm- 10k bell

Followed by an intense improvised interpretive solo dance party to this song.


 (The first 2:04 is for dramatic poses and stretching, the remaining 5:25 is for getting DOWWWNNNNN).

* I did not pay for this product. Five Bamboo sent me these leggings free of charge. I was not otherwise compensated for this review- the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.