Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grownup Tasks and Tasty Bites

I've been MIA- and for that, I apologize! Let me catch you up...

On Friday, my middle sister, Kieren (aka Kinzie, Fups, Fupapi and a few other nicknames that I will not print here for the sake of decency), rolled into town to visit me! Unfortunately, our planned day of carefree playing was interrupted by the fact that I lost my wallet Thursday PM (it has not been returned) and I needed to go file a report at the precinct near my school. Sad face for having to do grownup things on my day off. Happy face because the precinct is just a short walk away from Mimi's Hummus! :)


Their lunch specials are pretty darn reasonable (price wise), so Kieren and I ordered some hummus and a sandwich to share. 

 This chili paste is mixed in with the hummus... Mmm...

 Kinzie sampled the pickles and olives. Yum!

 First up was some Fava Bean Hummus with Lemon Garlic Dressing. Holy. Friggin. Moly. Sooooooo good.

 Served with warm whole wheat pita. 

 I was a happy girl! :)

 And then, the sandwich came and dominated my senses in the best way possible. 

The Iraqi- hummus spread, cilantro spice, sliced potato, pan-fried eggplant and hard boiled egg. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Happy happy joy joy. 

After our epic Middle Eastern feast, we skipped down the block to Connecticut Muffin to get our caffeine/ sweet tooth fix. 

Oh, hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, cinnamon roll. 

White chocolate raspberry scone? Don't mind if I do. 

Delicious! How was your Friday?